Friday, January 24, 2014

Days 19 and 20

In my bible reading, I started the book of Esther yesterday. Esther is one if my very favorite books of the bible. Not only is there a heroine, but also justice is served and there's a very happy ending for the good guys. Today, I was reading about how Haman was so puffed up and how he hated the Jews. He was so sure of himself that he had a sharpened pole erected in his own front yard to have Mordachai impaled upon! Even when his family and friends warned him that no good would come to someone who tried to harm God's people, he refused to back down, and it ultimately lead to his demise. God's people will go forward and flourish no matter who or what tries to stand in the way. We can be sure that God's got our backs. That's actually really cool. 
Today, I received another money surprise! Thank you, Jesus!! 
Tomorrow, my husband and I are traveling to Clinton, OK. His best friend's dad passed away this week. A great man has gone to be with Jesus! Pray for safe travels. Love you all! 

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment